Uganda will play their first window games of the FIBA Basketball World Cup 2023 African Qualifiers in Angola, FIBA has confirmed.
“We would like to inform you that the 1st window of the FIBA Basketball World Cup 2023 African Qualifiers will be held from November 26 to November 28 in Benguela (Angola),” reads a letter in part sent to FUBA.
The Silverbacks will face Mali in their first Group A game on November 26 before Cape Verde and Nigeria on November 27 and 28 respectively.
Uganda, just like other teams, have been given a deadline of November 15 to submit their Roster.
The Second window where Uganda will face the same opponents will be played in July next year at a yet to be determined venue.
These are qualification pathways to determine the five African teams that will take part at the 2023 FIBA World Cup to be held in Indonesia, Japan, Philippines.
Uganda will be targeting to finish among the top three teams in Group A to advance to the second round.
In the Second round, the top three teams from all the four groups will be divided into two groups of six teams.
With all results from the previous round carried to the next round, the two best placed teams from both groups plus third placed team with better record will qualify for the World Cup.
- Boxing Champions League: UBF Walks Back On Non-Contracted Fighters
- Arua Hill Vs Tooro United: Team News, Probable Lineups, Preview and Stats
- Vipers Vs KCCA: Team News, Probable Lineups, Preview and Stats
- UPDF vs Bright Stars: Team News, Probable Lineups, Preview and Stats.
- Masaza Cup: Buddu Beat Busujju to Register Second Win