Tuesday, November 2
*Arua Hill Vs URA
*BUL Vs Mbarara City
*Police Vs Express
*Bright Stars Vs KCCA
*UPDF Vs Gaddafi
*Vipers Vs Onduparaka
Wednesday, November 3
*SC Villa Vs Wakiso Giants
Friday, November 5
*Tooro United Vs Busoga United
- Police FC captain Tonny Mawejje is said to be back from Injury but the game comes a Little bit earlier for him.
- Midfielder Johnson Odong returned to training after spending some good time out due to Injury.
- Yusuf Ssozi is a doubt for the game and is expected to be out due to Injury.
- For the Visitors, Head Coach Wasswa Bbosa returns to the touchline after completing his three-match touchline suspension.
- Godfrey Lwesibawa resumed training but will wait for a late Fitness test. Captain Enock Walusimbi misses his fourth straight league game due to injury.
- Midfielder Abel Etrude who was shaken off due a knock in the previous game against Vipers is available.
Police FC – Abdul Kimera, Muhamud Hassan, Eddy Kapampa, Ruben Kimera, Samuel Kayongo, Misi Diego Ssemugera, Eric Ssenjobe, Juma Balinya, Mubarak Nsubuga, Muwadda Mawejje, Herman Wasswa.
Express FC – Joel Mutakubwa, Deus Bukenya, Arthur Kiggundu, Isa Lumu, Murushid Juuko, Mahad Yaya Kakooza,Nicholas Kasozi, John Byabakama, Charles Musiige, Martin Kizza, Eric Kenzo Kambale.
Preview: Winless Police Targets First Win of the Season
Police will be targeting their first win of the season when they host Express FC on Tuesday.
The Cops have had a poor start into the new season as they are yet to pick any point from the four games. They lost to Vipers, Bul FC, Wakiso Giants and of recent to Sc Villa.
It’s really a poor show from Abdallah Mubiru’s charges who had won four of their first six games last season and were seen as potential Title contenders.
However, despite the winless streak, head coach Abdallah Mubiru is optimistic they can get off the mark against Express.
“We lost four games but we have no panic going into our game against Express FC. Like i mentioned earlier on, our main challenge before was performance and now the last two games against Wakiso and Villa performance is improving,” said Mubiru.
“We are now eager to see that results start coming, We pray that God can see us through this.”
Playing at home against the Red Eagles, the Cops need to start finding the back of the net as it has seemed their biggest challenge this season.
On the other hand, Express welcome back their head coach Wasswa Bbosa, who had been suspended for improper comments following their loss to Arua Hill in their first game of this season.
The defending Champions, despite loosing their first two games to Arua Hill and UPDF respectively, they a have since then collected four points from their past two games. Edged Bul FC 1-0 away from home and drew with Vipers SC in their previous game.
And now, they seem a more rejuvenated side given the fact that they have started picking up positive results.
“After the Vipers games , we rectified some mistakes and we hope to be better in the Police game. But even though police has had a poor start, they will pose a bigger challenge to us but we shall try and get the needed points to move to better places,” Bbosa said ahead of the game.
Head To Head
*Express 2-0 Police
*Police 0-1 Express
*Police 6-1 Express
*Express 5-3 Police
*Express 0-2 Police
*Police 1-3 Express
*Police 4-3 Express
*Express 0-1 Police
*Express 4-3 Police
*Police 3-3 Express
*Police 2-3 Express
*Express 0-0 Police
*Express 1-0 Police
*Police 2-1 Express
- Handball: Uganda To Send U18 and U20 National Teams To Ethiopia
- Masaza Cup: Buddu Seek to Brighten Qualification Chances
- Hadijah Nandago Earns Uganda U20 Slim Advantage Over South Africa
- Pilsner UPL Awards: Titus Ssematimba, URA duo Nominated for November Gong
- Uganda Cup: West Nile Region Preliminaries Postponed