Ugandan defender Shafik Bakaki has signed a one-year employment contract with 16 time Champions Sc Villa, The-SportsNation has learnt.
Bakaki Rejoins Villa, a side where he was before leaving for Zambian Premier League side Nkana Football Club in 2019.
At the Zambian side, the defender had signed a two years employment contract, but decided not to renew this year when it expired.
Bakaki is expected to bring in a lot of experience to a youthful Villa side given the fact that he has featured for top Giants in Uganda football.
He previously played for Vipers SC and Express FC before his stint in Zambia.
His major competitors for a starting slot will be Kenneth Semakula and Gavin Kizito who play at the heart of the defence.
Recently, the club declared Omar Ahmed Mandela un opposed and he is set to take over as the new club president.
In the new Uganda premier league season, Villa have only played two games, winning one against Police at home and lost the other to Wakiso Giants.
- Boxing Champions League: UBF Walks Back On Non-Contracted Fighters
- Arua Hill Vs Tooro United: Team News, Probable Lineups, Preview and Stats
- Vipers Vs KCCA: Team News, Probable Lineups, Preview and Stats
- UPDF vs Bright Stars: Team News, Probable Lineups, Preview and Stats.
- Masaza Cup: Buddu Beat Busujju to Register Second Win