Thursday, November 11
*Uganda 1-1 Kenya
*Rwanda 0-3 Mali
- Mali – 13
- Uganda – 9
- Kenya – 3
- Rwanda – 1
Mali eased past 10-man Rwanda to end Uganda Cranes slim hopes of qualifying to the next round of the FIFA World Cup Qualifiers.
The result confirms Mali’s place in the playoff round, and puts the Les Aigles just a tie away from their maiden World Cup appearance.
Uganda drew Kenya earlier in the day to move to nine points but Mali’s win opens up a four-point lead atop with just one round of games to go.
Uganda and Mali meet on Sunday in Morocco for the final Group E game and even a Cranes win will just take Micho’s side a point adrift of leaders!
Rwanda saw their midfielder Djihad Bizimana sent off for an ugly tackle in the seventh minute and the Amavubi Stars had to play the remaining 80+ minutes with only 10 men.
Two quick fire goals in the space of two minutes handed Mali a deserved lead before the half hour-mark and they later got the third to sail through unscathed.
Southampton’s Moussa Djenepo opened the scores in the 19th minute with a solo effort and Ibrahima Kone added the second. Kalifa Coulibaly put the game to bed in the 83rd minute to compound Rwanda’s misery.
- Financially-hit Tooro United Risks FUFA Sanctions
- FUFA To Meet Isma Mugulusi’s Medical Bills
- Busoga United Vs Arua Hill: Team News, Probable Lineups, Preview and Stats
- Wakiso Giants Vs Bright Stars: Team News, Probable Lineups, Preview and Stats
- Mbarara City Vs SC Villa: Team News, Probable Lineups, Preview and Stats