Golfer Martha Babirye lived to the billing to win the 2021 Uganda Golf Club Ladies Open in Kitante.
This time, however, Babirye needed sudden death to free herself from runners up Peace Kabasweke in a thrilling encounter.
The four-day tournament was sponsored by National Medical Stores (NMS).
After three rounds, the duo were tied on 231 strokes each in 54 holes to necessitate sudden death where Babirye’s class came to the fore.
The two were seperated at the 12th hole where Babirye used just four strokes, two more than Babirye, to complete play of the hole.
The win is a huge boost for Babirye ahead of the Uganda Golf Open that tees off in Entebbe next week.
“I feel happy for the win,” started Babirye. “And this triumph has given me belief and hope that I will win the Uganda Golf Open for a third time in a row because these are the same opponents I will face in Entebbe next week.”
Ronald Rugumayo won the proffessional category while other winners were Edrae Kagombe (Seniors Women), Katarikawe (Seniors Men) and Ivan Nalima (Juniors).
- Airtel FUFA Awards: Bobosi, Najjemba Leave Munyonyo Cruising
- Handball: Uganda To Send U18 and U20 National Teams To Ethiopia
- Masaza Cup: Buddu Seek to Brighten Qualification Chances
- Hadijah Nandago Earns Uganda U20 Slim Advantage Over South Africa
- Pilsner UPL Awards: Titus Ssematimba, URA duo Nominated for November Gong