UPL Match-day Six
Friday, November 19
•Mbarara City Vs Vipers – Kakyeka
•Gaddafi Vs Arua Hill – Gaddafi Arena
•KCCA Vs UPDF – Lugogo
•Wakiso Giants Vs Tooro United – Kabaka Kyabaggu
•Busoga United Vs Bright Stars – Njeru
Saturday, November 20
•Onduparaka Vs Police – Arua
•URA Vs BUL – Ndejje
•Express Vs SC Villa – Wankulukuku
- Gaddafi Defender Massa Ibrahim is on a compassionate leave after losing his elder sister.
- Midfielders Munguchi Steven and Kiirya Amos back in training but this fixture comes a little bit early for them.
- Arua Hill have been boosted with the return of their Captain Rashid Toha
- The Kongolo however will be without Alfred Leku who is suspended after picking a red card against URA
Gaddafi FC XI – Mutebi Ronald (GK), Karenzi Buchochera, Hassan Musana, Willis Otongo, Andrew Waiswa, Onen Franco, Brian Kalumba, Yunus Sibira, Bithum Ronald, Otim James
Arua Hill XI – Richard Anyama (GK), Atendele Geriga, Ibrahim Magandaazi, Rashid Toha, Ibrahim Faizul, David Ndihabwe, Gaddafi Wahab, Samuel Ssekamatte, Robert Eseru, Saaka Sharif.
Preview: Peter Onen Seeks Perfect Start at Gadaffi FC
Gaddafi FC will start a new life with head coach Peter Onen who replaced Peter Mubarak Wamboya.
Onen will be in charge as the club play host to fellow UPL new entrant at the Gaddafi FC arena.
The former BUL FC Coach will be seeking to start on a high note on Friday in what promises to be a pulsating affair.
Gaddafi have won once, which came against Bright Stars, drawn twice and as many losses after five games.
They picked up a point in their last game a 2-2 draw with UPDF at Bombo in a game they recovered from two down.
Arua Hill on the other hand, come into the tie a motivated side after coming from behind to stun URA 3-2 in the last game at the Barifa Ground.
Arua Hill are 6th with 7 points after two wins, a draw and a loss from four games.
Arua Hill Assistant Coach Sadiq Sempiji says they have had enough time to prepare for this encounter: “I think we have had enough time to prepare very well, we have organised ourselves and we want to go into that game without anything to worry about.”
“We had enough preparations in the (international) break, it is time now to go and check on what we have improved depending on the last game.
“We think it will be a very good game but it won’t be easy because we are going to play a motivated team with a new coach we expect it to be very hard but at the end we think we laid a good strategy to win this game.”
- This will be the third meeting between the two after they faced off in the Fufa Big League last season.
- However this will be the first time they will meet in the top flight.
- Both encounters have ended in a draw in the Fufa Big League last season.
Head to Head
*Gaddafi FC 0-0 Arua Hill
*Arua Hill 2-2 Gadaffi FC
- Airtel FUFA Awards: Bobosi, Najjemba Leave Munyonyo Cruising
- Handball: Uganda To Send U18 and U20 National Teams To Ethiopia
- Masaza Cup: Buddu Seek to Brighten Qualification Chances
- Hadijah Nandago Earns Uganda U20 Slim Advantage Over South Africa
- Pilsner UPL Awards: Titus Ssematimba, URA duo Nominated for November Gong