Tuesday, November 30
*Onduparaka Vs Express – Arua
*Tooro United Vs UPDF – Buhinga
*URA FC Vs Police – Ndejje
*Wakiso Giants Vs Bright Stars – Wakissha
*Busoga United Vs Arua Hill – Njeru
*Mbarara City Vs SC Villa – Kakyeka
- Opara Edrine limped off in Busoga United’s last league outing against UPDF and is a doubt for this contest.
- The club has not reported any new injury concern
- For the Visitors, they welcome back Failzul Ibrahim having missed out on the last home game due to suspension. Midfielder Maduka Innocent is still out injured, Alfred Leku misses this one again due to his red card suspension.
- Ivan Eyam is a doubt as he had been battling from malaria in the past weeks.
Busoga United – Micheal Nantamu (GK), Kintu Hassan, Bithum Douglas, Basoga Derrick, Mwere Nicholas, Mulanda Sunday, Ngonde Elvis, Ssekulime Paul, Anthony Mayanja, Shaka Ssozi, Ntege Anwar Mustafa.
Arua Hill – Richard Anyama (GK), Atendele Geriga, Richard Matovu, Magandaazi Ibrahim, Rashid Toha, David Ndihabwe, Allan Mugalu, Gadafi Wahab, Samuel Ssekamatte, Robert Eseru, Rashid Kawawa.
Preview: Both sides seek to Return to Winning Ways
Busoga United and Arua Hill SC will be targeting a return to winning ways when the two face off at Njeru on Tuesday.
Abbey Kikomeko Bogere’s charges lost 2-1 in their last league encounter against UPDF last week on Friday.
Back home, the Jinja based side have eyes on their first win at home as they are yet to pick any so far this season.
Ahead of the contest, Busoga United Assistant coach Jalendo Jimmy is optimistic they will get the needed result on Tuesday.
“Despite losing our last game against UPDF, we created a lot of chances but failed to convert. We have told the boys what to do and I know we will get the three points,” said Jalendo.
“We want to get our first win at home against new entrants Arua Hill SC and we have prepared the boys, we hope for maximum points.”
On the other hand, Arua Hill have the same ambiitons of bouncing back with victory, having lost 1-0 to current table leaders KCCA FC in Arua last week on Friday.
The loss subjected Livingstone Mbabazi’s men to a second successive loss this season. They had earlier on lost to Gaddafi by 1-0 away from home.
Despite making a statement in their opener as they beat defending Champions Express FC, Arua Hill have since had a mixed number of results and are yet to live to their best. They have gone on to win only one game against URA FC at home since then.
Heading into this one, Mbabazi’s major worry will be the fact that his team has gone 180 minutes without seeing the back of the net.
Sitted in the 11th position, Arua Hill will all go out in search for a positive result if they are to avoid early relegation battles in their first top flight experience.
This will be the first meeting between the two sides given the fact that Arua Hill are new league entrants.
- Uganda Cranes Fight Back To Down Moldova In Third Friendly
- Stanbic Uganda Cup: Kataka Ousted By Rusekere Growers
- Stanbic Uganda Cup: Nine-man Nyamityobora Knocked Out By Booma
- Golf: Singleton Challenge Season Six Returns Bigger and Better
- Stanbic Uganda Cup: Gadaffi FC Eliminate Heros FC on Penalties