The Uganda Sports Press Association (USPA) Media awards are slated for Wednesday 15th December at the Imperial Royale Hotel in Kampala. These awards differ from the usual Nile special USPA awards which are to appreciate the sports personalities, this time round the awards are to appreciate the work of journalists across all platforms.
USPA have welcomed Uganda Airlines on board who are to award the winner of the Andrew Luwandaga Award with two travel tickets to Mombasa.
Uganda Airlines has boosted their involvement in sports with awarding sports journalists after recently flying out the Moil Rally crew to South Africa for their participation in the Africa Rally Championship.
The Andrew Luwandaga Award is to honour life time services of journalists and the winner is to be selected by the USPA executive.
According to the acting sales and marketing manager of Uganda Airlines Doreen Nambatya believes that it’s a great opportunity to be involved with the Press.
“It is a great opportunity for us as an airline to be involved with Uspa. We have opened our spaces to sports by flying Ugandan teams to the various destinations across the continent. I am proud that we are now engaging sports journalists,” said Doreen Nambatya.
The president of USPA Patrick Kanyomozi has said that the awards aim on setting improvements on the works of journalists across Uganda.
“When we award our own, we set a platform to improve on our work. Such partners give us momentum to fly,” said Patrick Kanyomozi.
The other categories :
- The Kevin Aliro award set for the best Investigative sports journalist
- Edirisa Mayanja Njuki Award for the best sports News Report in Print media
- The James Opoka Award for the best sports news report – broadcast.
- The Paul Waibale Award – best sports column writing
- The Samuel Wossita Award – Digital sports production
- The John Bugembe Ssenkubuge – best Sports Photography
- Bashir Khan Lugudo Award – Best sports feature.
- The Andrew Luwandaga Award – Life time