Midfielder Khalid Aucho opened his bank account as Young Africans beat Ihefu Sports Club 4-1 in the Azam Sports Federation Cup at Benjamin Mkapa Stadium.
Aucho scored from a rebound after his initial header was spilled by Ihefu goalkeeper at the stroke of halftime.
Aucho showed his rare skill; floating into the air to meet a lofty cross from Shabani Djuma and great anticipation for that follow-back to pounce at close range.
Heritier Makambo scored a hat-trick (6th, 23rd and 65th minute) as Young Africans sailed through to the fourth round.
Young Africans will hope to do better in the domestic cup having lost to Simba SC 1-0 in last year’s final.
They will return to action when they visit Tanzania Prisons over the weekend as they look to maintain their grip at the summit.
- Uganda Cranes Fight Back To Down Moldova In Third Friendly
- Stanbic Uganda Cup: Kataka Ousted By Rusekere Growers
- Stanbic Uganda Cup: Nine-man Nyamityobora Knocked Out By Booma
- Golf: Singleton Challenge Season Six Returns Bigger and Better
- Stanbic Uganda Cup: Gadaffi FC Eliminate Heros FC on Penalties