Friday, December 17
*South Africa 0-0 Uganda
Uganda U20 Women Team are through to the next stage of the African Qualifiers of the 2022 FIFA U20 Women’s World Cup following after ousting South Africa.
Uganda held South Africa to a goalless draw in the return leg on Friday at Dobsonsville Stadium in Johannesburg, South Africa.
Ayub Khalifa’s side progress to the next stage having won the first leg 1-0 thanks to Hadijah Nandago’s goal at St Mary’s Stadium in Kitende.
It’s a big achievement for Ugandan football, knocking out a continental power house but Coach Khalifa is well aware that work is half way done and more tougher opponents are lined up ahead.
Uganda will now meet winner between Ghana and Zambia at the fourth round due next year.
That stage is the penultimate round to the World Cup finals in Costa Rica.
- Stanbic Uganda Cup: Police Progress After Win Over Bushenyi Veterans
- Allan Busobozi: Onduparaka confirm Departure of Midfielder
- Akope Bouyant After ATX Technology Boost Ahead of Safari Tour Series
- Mutebi Sets Targets After Penning Two-year Deal at AS Kigali
- Big Interview: URA FC CEO Mayeku On Poor First Round, Timbe and Signings