National Council of Sports, Uganda Olympic Committee and Uganda Athletics Federation have announced their collaboration with the Office of the President and the Ministry of Health in supporting the Covid19 run to be held this Sunday, December 19 2021.
The run aims at raising awareness of the public as the country moves into the festive season and the reopening of the economy, schools and other sectors.
The run will start from Kololo independence grounds this Sunday 19th December at 7am and end at the same place.
Among the participants will be Olympics gold medalists Jacob Kiplimo, Peruth Chemutai, Stephen Kiprotich and Paralympian David Emong among others.
It will be under the theme, “remain vigilant against COVID-19”
Over the last close to 2 years, Uganda has been under the dark cloud of Covid19 that disrupted the sporting calendar.
Sport is now open operating under the standard operating procedure (SOPs).
The Country is looking forward to the safe full opening up of all sectors of the economy next year.
At the venue, vaccination and blood donation services will be available.
In adhering to the standard operating procedures, only 200 people with vaccination cards will be allowed to take part in the run.
- Uganda Cranes Fight Back To Down Moldova In Third Friendly
- Stanbic Uganda Cup: Kataka Ousted By Rusekere Growers
- Stanbic Uganda Cup: Nine-man Nyamityobora Knocked Out By Booma
- Golf: Singleton Challenge Season Six Returns Bigger and Better
- Stanbic Uganda Cup: Gadaffi FC Eliminate Heros FC on Penalties