Wednesday, December 22
*Wakiso Giants Vs Arua Hill, Wakissha
*UPDF vs BUL FC, Bombo
*URA vs Mbarara City, Ndejje
*Busoga United Vs SC Villa, Njeru
*KCCA vs Express, Lugogo
- Wakiso Giants is boosted with the return of Rahmat Ssenfuka after missing the goalless draw with Mbarara
- Pius Kaggwa and Moses Aliro are doubtful for the purple sharks
- Wakiso Giants will be without Edward Satulo who sits out the last game of his three match ban while George Kaddu is also one game away from his two months ban
- Ivan Bogere is suspended after accumulating three yellow cards.
- Arua Hill will be without Innocent Maduka and Goalkeeper Richard Anyama through injuries
- The Kongolo are boosted with the return of Robert Eseru who was suspended in the 2-1 win over his former side UPDF.
*Wakiso Giants: Derrick Emukule, Grant Matsiko, Lawrence Bukenya, Alex Komakech, Joshua Lubwama, Tom Matsiko, Simon Namwanja, Hassan Wasswa Dazo, Titus Ssematimba, Frank Ssebuufu, Frank Ssenyondo
*Arua Hill: Rogers Omedwa (GK), Atendele Geriga, Richard Matovu, Vuni Bright Joseph, Rashid Toha, Faizul Ibrahim, Allan Mugalu, Gadafi Wahab, Samuel Ssekamatte, Robert Eseru, Alfred Leku
Preview: Wakiso Giants Hosts Familiar Faces
Wakiso Giants will seek to return to winning ways against resilient Arua Hill at the Kabaka Kyabaggu Stadium.
Wakiso Giants played out a goalless draw with Mbarara City in their last league match.
However, they face an Arua Hill side who are boosted after a 2-1 win over UPDF in Arua.
A win for the hosts will put them in the top 3 while a win for Arua Hill see them leapfrog Wakiso Giants.
The Visitors will bank on the trio of Faizul Ibrahim, Gadafi Wahab and Atendele Geriga as well as coach Livingstone Mbabazi who will be facing their former Employers.
Arua Hill Assistant Coach Sadiq Sempiji is wary of threats imposed by Wakiso Giants.
“We are going to play a very good team, Wakiso Giants has been playing very well of late,” stated Sempiji.
“They have had better performance, one of the best performing teams of late..But our focus this time is on our individual players, group and team we want to get the best out of everyone in the squad, I think when everyone plays at his best we shall get a good result.”
The gaffer says that their objective in the first round is to finish in the top four
“The league has been tight but we are still focused on our objective in the first round to end in the top four and we haven’t relaxed on that we need to make sure that we achieve that.”
This will be the first ever league meetings between the two sides.