Monday 27th December
Onduparaka 2-2 KCCA FC – abandoned
Vipers 7-2 UPDF FC
SC Villa 4-0 Tooro United

The Startimes Uganda Premier League match day 13 between Onduparaka and KCCA FC ended prematurely at Green light stadium in Arua.

The climax of the game was not the usual as the game was called off due to fans invasion on the fielf of play.

At 2-2 in added minutes, the visitors were awarded a penalty which led to commotion as the Onduparaka players and fans protested against the referee’s decision.

And it required Police to fire tear gas and rubber bullets to disperse the rowdy crowds.

Watch Video below

Arafat Usama and Sadat Anaku bagged the two goals for KCCA FC whereas Rashid Okocha and Muhammad Shaban scored for the hosts.

A controversial penalty awarded to Onduparaka highlighted the first Stanza of the game as it climaxed with a 2-2 score.

The visitors dominated the first stanza of the game as they possessed right from the first minute of the game but they failed to see the back of the net as they couldn’t beat the Onduparaka defence.

The hosts were gifted with an early lead as early as the 12th minute of the game when Rashid Okocha beat the KCCA FC defence to find the back of the net at the fully packed Green light stadium.

With just few minutes after, the visitors levelled the scores through a goal from Arafat Usama off an assist by Sadat Anaku after making a brilliant turn in the 14th minute of the game to draw the game into a 1-1 score.

The Kasasiro boys kept pushing and their hard work was awarded as they took a lead in the 21st minute through Sadat Anaku who headed in brilliantly from a cross by Herbert Achai.

In the 43rd minute the visitors almost doubled their lead as Mato Rodgers shot was parried away by Mathias Muwanga into a corner which was defended well by the caterpillars.

Controversial then happened as the first stanza was just minutes to its climax, in the 45th minute of the game Onduparaka was awarded a controversial penalty by Referee Robert Madanda and the Onduparaka captain Mohammed Shaban made no mistake but to put the ball in the back of the net from the spot kick as the first stanza ended in a 2-2 draw

In the second half of the game the visitors came back with the high pressing game but they failed to find the back of the net as Sadat Anaku shot went above the cross bar and also Kasirye could’t put his header on target as it went far for m target.

Onduparaka’s Ndalambi was shown his matching orders after committing a second bookable offence and was sent off in the 90th minute.

In the 5 added minutes of the game the visitors were awarded a penalty which the Onduparaka players and fans protested against causing controversy in the game as fans invaded the pitch in protest.

The game stopped for almost 10mins as Police was called into action to protect the players and match officials from angry fans who invaded the pitch, the game later saw a premature ending as it was cancelled.

Both of the teams will wait for the competition’s board to decide on the final results from the game after the submission of the referees report on what really happened at the pitch.

How both teams lined up
Onduparaka XI
Mathias Muwanga, Ahmed Amayo, Jimmy Ndalambi, Hamza Geriga, Issac Okello, Ivan Okello, James Jeriko, Rashid Okocha, Rashid Yakini, Shaban Muhammad, Matata Gabriel

Benjamin Ochan (GK), Innocent Wafula, Musa Ramathan, John Revita, Herbert Achai, Ashraf Mugume, Arafati Usama, Brian Majwega, Rogers Mato, Davis Kasirye, Sadat Anaku


Leave A Reply