Saturday, February 3
*UPDF vs Kitara – Bombo, 2pm
- UPDF will be without Ezekiel Katende, Sam Kintu and Henry Penza who are injured while Goalkeeper Wasswa Yusuf will sit his last game after a red card against SC Villa in the first round.
- This game comes too early for new signings Ronald Owiny Ogenga and Mubarak Nsubuga who are still nursing injury while Ivan Mayanja is doubtful
- Goalkeeper Anyama Richard, Brian Kalumba and Bashir Ssekagya are all set for their debuts if selected.
- Defender Samson Kasozi will face his former pay masters while Oyirwoth Daglas is out for the Army side.
- Kitara FC will be without suspended Brian Aheebwa due to three yellow cards accumulation.
- Ibrahim Magandaazi is also ruled out with an injury and so are David Kasaija and Kipper Luwalo while Benjamin Nyakoojo is a long term absentee.
- New signings Arthur Kiggundu & Lawrence Bukenya are fit and ready for selection.
*UPDF – Richard Anyama (GK), Kawagu Christopher, Tebandeke Christopher, Vuni Bright Joseph, Samson Kasozi, Adriko Rogers, Davis Ssekajja, Shugai Kalisa, Nsimbe Jibril Badru, Muwadda Mawejje, Brian Kalumba.
*Kitara – Chrispus Kusiima(GK), Maxwell Owachgiu, Jasper Aheebwa, Dudu Ramathan, Arthur Kiggundu, Lawrence Bukenya, Okello Donato, Paul Mucureezi, Kabon Living, Brian Omedi, Solomon Okwalinga.
Preview: Brian Ssenyondo in Spotlight as He Faces Former Side
Kitara FC’s Head Coach, Brian Ssenyondo, takes center stage as he faces his former team, UPDF FC, in the Startimes Uganda Premier. Ssenyondo aims for a double after a 1-0 victory in the first round.
Speaking ahead of the match, Ssenyondo acknowledged the challenge, stating, “We begin the second round with a tricky game against a side fighting for their life in the league.” He expressed confidence in thorough preparations and squad enhancements.
Kitara FC, mindful of their poor away form, seeks to end a five-game winless streak. The Royals, with three wins in eight visits, target improvement after a positive start.
Their last away win dates back to 25th October, securing a 3-1 victory against Wakiso Giants. Starting the year with a Uganda Cup Round of 64 win over Nebbi Central, Kitara FC looks to maintain momentum.
Meanwhile, UPDF FC aims to revive their season after a lackluster first round with only two wins. The Bombo-based side, winless in their last eight Uganda Premier League matches, faces Kitara FC after being ousted in the Stanbic Uganda Cup Round of 64.
In the previous encounter, Kitara FC secured victory with a Christopher Kawagu own goal in the reverse fixture. UPDF FC, seeking a turnaround, last won in November against BUL FC at the Bombo Barracks Ground.
UPDF FC are 15th on the log with nine points after 15 matches.
They have picked two wins, three draws and ten defeats after scoring 11 goals and conceeding 25.
The Army side are winless in their last five matches with one draw and four loses.
They have one win at the Bombo Barracks Ground, three draws and defeats each.
Kitara FC concluded the first round with 29 points occupying the third spot.
With nine wins, two draws and four defeats having scored 28 goals and allowed 15 against them.
In there last five matches, the Royals have managed three wins, a draw and a defeat apiece.
Away from home, they have played eight matches with three wins, two draws and three loses.
Head to Head
UPDF Vs Kitara
Kitara 1-0 UPDF
UPDF 2-1 Kitara
Kitara 1-5 UPDF