UPL Matchday 20
Friday, April 23
*Vipers Vs Express, 4pm – Kitende (Live on Sanyuka)
*Kyetume Vs Wakiso Giants, 4pm – Nakisunga
Saturday, April 24
*Bright Stars Vs URA – Kavumba (Live On Sanyuka)
*Police Vs MYDA – Lugogo
*UPDF Vs Kitara, Bombo
*BUL Vs Busoga United, Bugembe
*Mbarara City Vs SC Villa – Kakyeka
Sunday, April 25
*Onduparaka Vs KCCA – Arua (Live on Sanyuka)
- Kyetume FC welcome back midfielder Isaac Kirabira while Raymond Walugembe has also returned after missing the last two games.
- The Slaughters will be without Joshua Kigozi who is out with a shoulder injury while Steven Kagoda is still three weeks away from return. Felix Okot is out as he attends to his sick Dad.
- Wakiso Giants welcome Viane Ssekajugo from a four-game ban.
- The Purple Sharks will continue to miss the services of Defender Edward Satulo while Pius Kaggwa is sidelined with sickness.
Kyetume FC XI – Joel Mutakubwa (GK), Julius Ntambi, Musitafa Mujuzi, Richard Matovu, Latif Kiyemba, Isaac Kirabira, Nicholas Kasozi, Feni Ali Moses, Baker Buyala, Robert Sentongo , Ezra Bida
Wakiso Giants – Derrick Emukule (G.K), Fahad Kawooya, George Kaddu, Simon Namwanja, Geriga Atendere, Hassan Ssenyonjo, Joshua Lubwama, Tom Masiko, Ivan Bogere, Viane Ssekajugo, Frank Ssebuufu
Preview: The Relegation Battle Reloaded
Kyetume and Wakiso Giants face off at Nakisinga Ssaza Grounds on matchday 20 of the StarTimes Uganda Premier League.
Both sides have a chance to drop down of results continue not to go their way.
For starters, Kyetume are in the red zone with 16 points, four adrift of safety. Wakiso on the other hand, are 12th with 20 points.
For Kyetume, all this may not come as a shock given the reported internal wrangles and financial struggles at the club.
But for Wakiso, there is a semblance of organisation at the front office and money has never been there problem, per say.
However, all that will be on pause when two familiar sides, that were promoted to top flight in the same season, meet in Nakisunga.
Kyetume will bank on home support, playing at the venue for the second time since shifting from Njeru while Wakiso Giants will be buoyed by the point they picked at Vipers going into this one.
- Kyetume and Wakiso Giants will be meeting for the seventh time.
- Wakiso Giants has won once, with the rest ending in draws including a Uganda Cup that Kyetume later won in shootouts 4-1.
- Then, only Ivan Kiweewa convert his penaltycfor Wakiso but Clinton Kamugisha and James Kasibante missed theirs. Lubowa Denis, Sande M, Kazindula Ibrahim and Vincent Kayizzi scored for Kyetume.
- While in Big League, both ties ended in draw: Faisam Malimungu scored for Kyetume while Ivan Kiwewa was on target for Wakiso at Nakisunga. The second round tie ended goalless.
- In UPL last season, Gadafi Wahab cancelled out an early goal from Feni Ali in a 1-1 draw at Kabaka Kyabaggu stadium.
- In the second round, Amos Muwonge, Karim Ndugwa and Viane Ssekajugo were on scoresheet as Wakiso beat Kyetume 3-0 in Bombo.
- This season in the first round, Wakiso recovered from two down to draw 2-2 at home – Goals from Baker Buyala and Sharif Ssaka put the Slaughters in an early lead before Ibrahim Kasule and Yasin Mugume scored one each before halftime.
- Olympics: Preview, TV, Time as Peruth chemutai Goes For History
- Olympics: Preview, TV, Time As Nanyondo Seeks Place In 1500m Final
- Uganda National Handball League Set for September
- Olympics: Ugandan trio through to 5000m final
- Mahad the Conductor, Kambale the Architect – How Express Rated against Atlabara