Uganda Premier League giants URA FC have completed the signing of former goalkeeper James Alitho, The-SportsNation has learnt.
Formerly at Vipers SC, the custodian has reportedly agreed a two-year contract deal with the Tax collectors effective 2021/22 football season.
Alitho left URA FC midway in the 2019/20, and joined Zambia’s Zanco following expiration of his contact with the Ugandan side.
The Lanky goalkeeper who can as well play as a make shift forward rejoins URA FC to beef up their goalkeeping department as they prepare to represent Uganda in the forthcoming CAF Confederation Cup.
The high towering Custodian is expected to contend with Samuel Mwaka, Hannington Ssebwalunyo and Nathan Alionzi for the starting berth.
The Tax collectors have already acquired services of AFCON U20 finalist Simon Baligeya , Sc Villa’s Derrick Ndahiro as well as Onduparaka’s Living Kabon
URA FC have also renewed contract of midfielder Julius Mutyaba as they seek to tie down skipper Shafik Kagimu on a new contract.
URA FC finished second in the recent Uganda premier league season that ended prematurely due to Covid-19 lockdown.
The tax men are to represent Uganda in the Caf Confederation cup.
- CECAFA U23: Mukwala Misses Penalty As Uganda Suffers Shock Exit
- He is Traumatised – Ssekitoleko’s Pregnant Wife Cries Out
- CECAFA U23: Najib, Anukani Start As Byekwaso Names Starting XI
- Olympics: Uganda’s Rower Kathleen Noble Falls Short
- CECAFA U23: Uganda Vs Tanzania: Preview, Lineups and How To Watch