SC Villa has announced the signing of youngster Isma Mugulusi from Busoga United.
Mugulusi’s capture comes hot on the heels on the transfer of compatriot Kenneth Ssemakula to the Jogoos.
The Hippos midflield mastero has been much vaunted as one for the future and was a stand out performer in Busoga’s disastrous 2020-2021 season.
Rivals KCCA FC were believed to have shown interest in the youngster but the Jogoos have stolen the match on them.
Mugulusi reckons the decision to join the 16-time league holders came with consummate ease.
“Joining SC Villa is one of the easiest decision in my foot ball career”, Mugulusi revealed while talking to the club’s social media platforms.
“Reflecting on how other players have crossed the Nile and played for Villa like Hakimu Magumba. I knew it’s the right path,”
Mugulusi was part of the Uganda Hippos team that finished second at the 2021 U20 AFCON in Mauritania.
He becomes the third official signing for Villa in the on going off-season transfer window following the capture of forward Charles Bbaale and defender Kenneth Semakula.
- Airtel FUFA Awards: Bobosi, Najjemba Leave Munyonyo Cruising
- Handball: Uganda To Send U18 and U20 National Teams To Ethiopia
- Masaza Cup: Buddu Seek to Brighten Qualification Chances
- Hadijah Nandago Earns Uganda U20 Slim Advantage Over South Africa
- Pilsner UPL Awards: Titus Ssematimba, URA duo Nominated for November Gong